Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Grouchy Ladybug- Review

Title—The Grouchy Ladybug
By- Eric Carle
Rating—4.5/5

This is the story about a Grouchy ladybug, which feels annoyed to share and wants to fight with someone who is bigger than him. The story begins at 5 am, when a Good ladybug goes in search of aphids and meets this Grouchy ladybug, who neglects the option of sharing aphids. The Grouchy ladybug tries to pick up a fight with the Good ladybug, and he feels that the Good ladybug is too small in size for him to fight. So he goes in search on creatures that are bigger than him.

As the time passes by, the Grouchy ladybug meets bigger creatures like, Praying Mantis , Sparrow, Hippo, Lobster, Elephant and so on. But he feels everyone is small to fight with him, though everyone is ready to fight. At last when he meets the whale….that is when he understands……..what it takes to fight

When my Mom first read this to me, I felt very excited because I was hearing about aphids for the first time…As I turned the pages I just couldn’t resist my excitement. I was excited to see, lobster with his claws, Rhino with his horns, the whale which was so huge….I was constantly thinking why the Grouchy ladybug thinks the other creatures to be small. When I questioned my Mamma, she said, “Wait till the end.”

I liked the whale the best, which simply kept quiet…..and suddenly it gave one whack to the Grouchy ladybug… I just burst out with laughter when my Mom read that.

The story ends with the Grouchy ladybug and Good ladybug sharing aphids and going to sleep. I felt so peaceful when the story ended like this and I was telling my Mom that if you don’t pick up fight with anyone we can be happy.

My mom replies back that, “Well, if you share and know how to lead a friendly life, it is fine. You can sometimes pick up fight with some Grouchy creatures, like how the whale did!!!!”

Difficult to understand my Mom’s logic, I just think that we should not fight with anyone!!!

1 comment:

SVD said...

sweetheart...ur so cute..and innocent.. i know u will learn to share too..

SVD