Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Avatars..


I like to play many avatars..

One day I become Vishnu Bhagvan: and roam around the whole house with a handmade Vishnu Chakram

One day I am a “Maharaja”- Recently my Mom dressed me in traditional attire for Diwali festival at school and I claimed myself to be a Maharaja. That day my Mom took me to a restaurant. She said I would get a chance to meet all her office friends/ colleagues. As soon as I heard the word- “office friend”, I said, “Abba I will only go to Archana aunty..She is good na….”

I saw Archana aunty and immediately went to her. She was so nice; she made me sit with her and gave me watermelon. I had a good lunch. I tried to be as good as I can and not show my true colors!!!!

One day I like to be “Bob- the builder”- I keep building houses with all the pillows and Bedsheet. My Mom’s cot is always occupied with my wonderful houses made of pillow/bedsheets!!

The day I become “caterpillar” is the toughest for all. When I am a caterpillar, I eat lot…I need all types of fruits, ice-cream, chocolates...as I am a Hungry caterpillar. Sometimes I demand for the food items that I see in my “The very hungry caterpillar” book.

Then at night, I reach a pupa stage and ask my Mom to cover me like a cocoon with the bedsheet. Next morning, when I become a butterfly, no one should call me Arjun. They should only call me “ Arjun Butterfly”

Now, as you all know how much weak my Mom’s memory is. She invariably ends up calling me Arjun. I start crying…and the funny part is she doesn’t understand why I cry. Then everyone starts racking their brains to decode what happened..

Pappa says, “Arjun you want to sleep more”…I cry again

Dada says, “Arjun you want to stay at home and not go to school”…I cry with more loudness

Aayi says, “Arjun come and brush teeth”….I throw pillows on her

Baba says, “Arjun I will give you Kaju Katli”….I start shrieking now..How can butterflies eat something, they can only drink…!!

Mamma says, “Arjun come I will tell Ugly Duckling story”….Ahh …when will she stop doing this!!!

I feel so irritated that I start making cocoon again with the bedsheet…then somehow it clicks my Mom…She says “Arjun BUTTERFLY”. The moment I hear this…I stop crying. Arjun Butterfly, “Abba can you plzzz give me Honey”

Mom searches for the honey bottle.

Pappa gets irritated with the whole episode. He screams at Mom for wasting time in the morning on such trivial issue.

Aayi-Baba is confused to the core about what is happening…

Dada blames that I am the crankiest kid in this world

And I rejoice being a butterfly.

No comments: