Thursday, February 1, 2007

Water Intake - Jan 31st

“Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you of heard these lines? It is a quote from the poem “The Rime of Ancient Mariner”, by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. That is the condition of Aryan now. We all drink water, but this universal solvent is not advisable to my little son.”

These were the words of my Mom when she was expressing her dismay about not giving me water.

Then she moved hurriedly and dialed my doctor’s number.

“Doctor, can we give water to Aryan?” She asked
“Yes, of course now that he is 5 months old, give him whenever you give semi-solid food.” He replied.

But my mom was curious and knew about how it feels when you don’t drink water. Thus she took a spoon and a bowl filled with sterilized mineral water and came near to me.

I was excited. I wanted to know how it tastes. I see my father drinking bottles and bottles of water every day after dinner and thus I was curious about how it would feel.

I opened my mouth even before she brought the spoon near to my mouth. I was very much excited and pushed her hand and thus I couldn’t drink those precious drops. It slipped away and my dress became wet. Now it was my granny’s turn. She held my hand tenderly and gave me three spoons of water!!!!

But why is water not as sweet as milk? Can you answer me? I am still wondering why my papa drinks it.

No comments: